Environmental Performance Report 2018-19
The Kilmore & District Hospital is committed to improving the way we manage our energy, materials and waste for a sustainable and thriving future. We will achieve this through the implementation of our Environmental Strategy and in 2018-19 we significantly progressed this work:
- Sustainability and Waste Action Group convened in November 2018. The purpose of this group is to monitor energy efficiency and waste management program.
- Participated in the Victorian Regional Solar Energy project. Installation of solar panels are planned for early 2020 with a forecast reduction in energy consumption of 204K KWh per annum translating to a 16% reduction in C02e.
- Waste recycling program expanded with the following initiatives implemented:
- Review of confidential paper recycling undertaken and introduction of a weighted measure of waste;
- Printer toner, battery and mobile phone recycling; and
- Plastic waste now separated from other waste for recycling.